Your trusted partner for expansion into European markets
Back in 1988, our CEO Mr. Gideon Elkayam founded Obelis: a small, family-run business with a grand vision to “create compliance for safer markets”.
Located within walking distance of the EEC Headquarters in Brussels, we worked closely with the EU institutions from the early days.
Over the years, the original vision has helped us build a unique standing in the regulatory community and it’s helped us achieve a high rate of success in representing over 3000 exporters from more than 60 countries around the world.
Today, we are proud to say that we’ve helped to shape the compliance industry here. As a result, we provide the most effective processes for helping our clients achieve what’s necessary to sell and maintain their products on the European market.
We’ve kept our eyes firmly on the original goal. And helping our clients navigate the maze of regulations that create safer markets has won us so many friends around the world.
“We see ourselves not only as your consultant on EU regulations but as a partner in helping you grow. We stay by your side on your journey into Europe.”
Your Consultants on EU Regulations
However, we also provide more general consultation on EU regulations for other finished products intended for introduction into Europe.
Our compliance frameworks and processes are similarly focused on getting aspiring non-European exporters ready to expand into European markets.
Some examples of other sectors we consult for include:
- Personal protective equipment,
- Pressure equipment,
- Radio and telecommunication equipment,
- Electrical equipment,
- and more!
Helping shape safer European markets
We are committed to Horizon 2020, the EU Commission program for research and innovation. Under the banner of this program, we support several projects as regulatory consultants.
We also remain as an active member of professional associations and EU commission working groups, including:
- Veteran member of the European Association of Authorized Representatives (EAAR)
- Founding member of the European Responsible Person Association (ERPA)
- Active member at the NB MED meetings for medical devices
- Active member of the EU Commission Medical Device Vigilance Committee
- Active member of the EU Commission IVD Technical Group
Additionally, we enjoy a strong international presence, participating in 15+ annual exhibitions and conducting local tours and seminars worldwide.
At Obelis, we believe that the way we treat each other while striving to achieve our objectives is just as important as what we achieve. We believe in:
- Building productive, long-term relationships with clients and each other,
- Attracting and developing our employees to start and grow their careers,
- Challenging our teams,
- Demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude,
- Fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.