Your trusted partner for expansion into European markets
Back in 1988, our CEO Mr. Gideon Elkayam founded Obelis: a small, family-run business with a grand vision to “create compliance for safer markets”.
Located within walking distance of the EEC Headquarters in Brussels, we worked closely with the EU institutions from the early days.
Over the years, the original vision has helped us build a unique standing in the regulatory community; and it’s helped us achieve a high rate of success in representing over 3000 exporters from more than 60 countries around the world.
We can, hand on heart, say that we’ve helped to shape the compliance industry here.
Because of this, we can provide the most effective processes for helping our clients achieve what’s necessary to sell and maintain their products on the European market.
We’ve kept our eyes firmly on the original goal. And helping our clients navigate the maze of regulations that create safer markets has won us so many friends around the world.
“We see ourselves not only as your consultant on EU regulations but as a partner in helping you grow. We stay by your side on your journey into Europe.”
Get in touch
And start working on bringing your products to market
Specialist consultants on EU regulations
Our two main service areas, medical devices and cosmetics, generally require specialist consultation due to the complexities of regulations.
Our team of lawyers, chemists, pharmacists and other experts collaborate to provide a combination of representative services, CE marking, and compliance consultation.
This is arranged from the Obelis European Authorized Representative Center (OEARC) and Obelis European Responsible Person Center (OERPC).
However, we also provide more general consultation on EU regulations for other finished products intended for introduction into Europe.
Our compliance frameworks and processes are similarly focused on getting aspiring non-European exporters ready to expand into European markets.
Some examples of other sectors we consult for include:
- Personal protective equipment
- Pressure equipment
- Radio and telecommunication equipment
- Electrical equipment
As well as our local European representatives, speaking many languages across the EU, we have access to a strong network of international representatives via the Obelis International Offices (OIO).
Helping shape safer European markets
We are committed to Horizon 2020, the EU Commission program for research and innovation. Under the banner of this program, we support several projects as regulatory consultants.
We also remain as an active member of professional associations and EU commission working groups, including:
- Veteran member of the European Association of Authorized Representatives (EAAR)
- Founding member of the European Responsible Person Association (ERPA)
- Active member at the NB MED meetings for medical devices
- Active member of the EU Commission Medical Device Vigilance Committee
- Active member of the EU Commission IVD Technical Group
Additionally, we enjoy a strong international presence, participating in 15+ annual exhibitions and conducting local tours and seminars worldwide.
Caring for our clients, our people and our future
At Obelis, we believe that the way we treat each other while striving to achieve our objectives is just as important as what we achieve. We believe in:
- Building productive, long-term relationships with clients and each other
- Attracting and developing our employees to start and grow their careers
- Challenging our teams
- Demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
Obelis demonstrates leadership and a strong commitment to sustainable compliance and safety in the EU. As a company, we take pride in:
- Acting with an owner mentality
- Being passionate about what we do
- Seizing opportunities and welcoming responsibility
- Being alert to change and meeting the challenges that arise from these changes in a quick and decisive manner
- Providing both our clients and ourselves with a competitive edge
At Obelis, we deliver on our promises and pride ourselves on going the extra mile, adding value that goes beyond the usual standards. Our ways of working and making decisions, as well as our compliance with procedures, ensures we have the freedom to shape our own future.
We learn by continuously developing and deepening our knowledge of our business, and the skills of everyone in it. We learn by:
- Listening to each other, clients and advisors
- Sharing & capturing knowledge
- Applying the lessons learnt from successes and failures
Our leaders are accountable and take responsibility for their actions, they are also thoughtful and innovative. At Obelis, we inspire trust by:
- Matching our behavior to our words and taking responsibility for our actions
- Collaborating in the best interests of our clients and acting as leaders
- Believing that we all play a leadership role
In our business, leadership is defined by courage and personal integrity, as well as having the vision and positive attitude to inspire and motivate others.
We believe that working with people from different backgrounds, cultures and ways of thinking helps our teams grow into better professionals and leaders. As a company, Obelis is committed to:
- Valuing diversity and unique contributions
- Fostering a trusting, open and inclusive environment
- Treating each person in a manner that reflects our values
We believe in behaving with the highest levels of integrity – nothing is more important than our reputation. In a business that relies on integrity, honesty and accountability, being trustworthy, honorable and responsible is a fundamental part of who we are.