Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
One of the main requirements of the Regulation EC 1223/2009 is the pre-market notification.
The Notification can only be completed by the designated Responsible Person and only AFTER the Product Information File encloses all evidence of conformity.
The Notification of a Cosmetic product indicates that:
- A Responsible Person has been designated to the product
- The Product Information File holds all evidence of conformity
- The product is ready from a compliance points of view to be placed on the European market.
A cosmetic product notified in the CPNP – one time notification, may be placed on any of the EU markets provided that the labeling is in conformity with the language requirements of the respective country. As such, no national notifications are necessary anymore.
The information to be submitted to the CPNP includes but is not limited to:
- Product category + name(s) enabling specific identification
- Name and Address of the Responsible Person where the PIF is made readily accessible
- Country of origin (for imported products)
- First Member State where the product will be first placed on the market.
- Presence of Nano-Materials
- Presence of CMR 1A/1B substances
- Product formula (frame formulation may be used as well)
At the completion of the Notification procedure, each product is assigned a CPNP reference code.
Notification When Changing EU Responsible Person
Each product Notification (and corresponding CPNP #) is tied to the EU RP which completed the Notification on behalf of the manufacturer. If, at a later date, a brand owner elects to change EU Responsible Persons, the products must be de-Notified by the previous EU Responsible Person and re-Notified upon the due diligence activities of the newly appointed EU Responsible Person. The previous EU Responsible Person information must also be removed from the packaging. Any future inquiries related to the product compliance will be forwarded to the newly appointed EU RP.
- Scope & Classification
- The Regulation: EC 1223/2009
- EU Responsible Person
- Product Information File
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) - Part A & B
- Mandatory Safety Testing
- EU Labeling
- Post-Market Surveillance
- Risks of Non-Compliance
Do you have questions about the notification process? Contact us now to learn more!Cosmetic Inquiries