Authorized Representative - Regulation (EU) 2019/1020
Aside from all the obligations that the AR has, in respect to the Union harmonization legislation applicable to a certain type of products, this Regulation lays out additional tasks for the AR:
- to verify that the EU declaration of conformity or declaration of performance and technical documentation have been drawn up
- to keep the declaration of conformity or declaration of performance at the disposal of market surveillance authorities for the period required by that legislation and ensure that the technical documentation can be made available to those authorities upon request;
- upon a reasoned request from a market surveillance authority, to provide them with all information and documentation necessary to demonstrate the conformity of the product, in a language that can be easily understood by that authority
- to inform the market surveillance authorities if there is a reason to believe that a product in question presents a risk
- to cooperate with the market surveillance authorities
- to make sure that the immediate, necessary, corrective action is taken to remedy any case of non-compliance, or to mitigate the risks presented by that product
The Regulation strictly lays out that the AR must have the appropriate means to be able to fulfill their tasks; therefore, it is important to have a professional AR, such as Obelis, with over 30 years of experience. Contact us today and make sure your products are in compliance with the EU law, as well.
- Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 - Framework for market surveillance
- Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 on market surveillance and compliance of products
- What to do to comply with Regulation (EU) 2019/1020?
Would you like to know more? Contact us today!Get in touch