Obelis s.a. becomes PCPC International Associate Member
As long time business service provider to the Personal Care Product Council (PCPC) under our EU Responsible Person services, Obelis officially joined as an International Associate Member as of July 24, 2014.
WHO IS THE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCT COUNCIL?
Based out of Washington, D.C. and having 600+ members both across the United States and internationally, PCPC members are contributing to the vast majority of cosmetic-related commerce in the United States. Membership with the Personal Care Councilis aimed at arming their large membership base with the resources, knowledge, and networking opportunities to find success worldwide.
In order to accommodate the many economic operators, the PCPC offers two main types of membership to companies within the beauty industry:
- Active membership : available to manufacturers and distributors of personal care or cosmetic products
- Associate membership: directed towards suppliers of ingredients, raw materials, packaging, and other related services – such as Obelis’ services towards European Compliance.
Membership Benefits include:
- Regular Council Member Exclusive events addressing the personal care industry “hot topics” – such as regulatory changes (both international and domestic), scientific advancement, legislativeupdates – and to present members the opportunity to network with other industry professionals.
- Access to valuable industry information on legislation, regulation, public affairs, and other important issues in the industry via their online databases
- Discounts on council technical and regulatory publications
- Being kept “in the loop” on key issues via the Council Newsletter
- Export assistance programs, Supplier Directory, certificates of free sale, and more
HOW WILL OBELIS USE THEIR MEMBERSHIP?
Obelis plans to utilize our membership to better understand the needs and challenges of US-based cosmetic manufacturers and brand owners, further familiarizing ourselves with the faces of the personal care industry, and getting involved in developing programs that impact the cosmetics industry globally.
OBELIS SERVICES TOWARDS PERSONAL CARE MANUFACTURERS
Obelis will continue to support both non-members of the PCPC along with cosmetic manufacturers which are Active Members (i.e. makeup, beauty and personal care manufacturers) through our international services, such as:
- Professional EU Responsible Person
- Product classification
- Guidance on the EU Cosmetic Safety Assessment
- Guidance on mandatory EU Safety Testing
- PIF Advisory services
- CPNP Notification
- Claim evaluation & EU labeling guidance
We look forward to meeting with fellow PCPC members during future events and committee activities!
Need more information? Contact us now!Get in touch