The new Directive 2014/53/EU
The Directive 2014/53/EU ( Radio Equipment Directive) of the European Parliament and of the Council on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating the making available on the market of radio equipment is entered into force on the 13th of June 2016 replacing the former R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC on Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment with a transition period of 1 year from the date of adoption.
The New Radio Equipment Directive (RED Directive) requires equipment to be constructed for efficient use of the radio spectrum so as to avoid harmful interference with terrestrial and orbital communications.
Therefore, the RED Directive lays down the essential requirements to ensure a high level of protection of public interest.
- Chapter 1: General Provisions- Article 1-9
- Chapter 2: Obligation of economic operators- Article 10-15
- Chapter 3: Conformity of radio equipment – Article 16- 21
- Chapter 4: Notification of conformity assessment bodies – Article 22-38
- Chapter 5: Union market surveillance, control of radio equipment entering the union market and union safeguard procedure – Article 39-43
- Chapter 6: Delegated acts and implementing acts and the committee – Article 44-45
- Chapter 7: Final and transitional provisions – Article 46-52
- Annex I: Equipment not covered by this directive
- Annex II: Conformity assessment module A
- Annex III: Conformity assessment modules B and C
- Annex IV: Conformity assessment module H
- Annex V: Contents of technical documentation
- Annex VI: EU declaration of conformity
- Annex VII: Simplified EU declaration of conformity
- Annex VIII: Correlation table