Detergents- Coming Soon
Introduction to Detergents in the EU Market
Detergents are defined by Regulation (EC) No 648/2004 as "any substance or preparation, whether liquid, powder or other form, containing soaps and/or other surfactants to wash or clean"
In order to make these products available on the EU market, there are a number of considerations to make before preparing for market entry.
Path to EU Market Entry: Compliance
Manufacturer / Importer:
- The manufacturer or importer located in the EU is responsible for the compliance with the Detergents Regulation
- There is no reference to non-EU manufacturers – it is presumed that the importer will be responsible
- There is no reference of an Authorized Representative to become responsible for the EU compliance of the products
Placing on the EU market:
- Detergents with surfactant ingredients that are ultimate aerobic biodegradable may be placed on the EU market without further limitations
Information to be provided by the manufacturer / importer:
- They shall hold and make available to the EU Competent Authorities:
- Ultimate Biodegradability Tests – ISO 14593:1999 (CO2 headspace test) – Annex III
Ingredient Datasheet – Annex VII C
- Name of the detergent
- List of ingredients with % (> 10%, 1-10%, 0,1-1%, < 10%)
- Chemical name, CAS number, INCI name
- Name and trade name of the product
- Name or trade name or trademark and full address and telephone number of the responsible for placing the product on the market
- The address, email address, where available, and telephone number from which the ingredient datasheet can be obtained
- The ingredients are to be indicated according to % ranges
- The % of surfactants, preservatives and allergens must be indicated on the label – Annex VII
Want to be the first to know when we launch this service? Sign up to be Notified.