Food Supplements - Labelling
Providing information to consumers has become the driving force to improve the European citizens’ right to choose, which has an impact on the mandatory elements of a food supplements product's packaging.
Harmonized legislation protects the consumer from potential health risks, while granting the option of an informed decision making towards the choice of a specific product.
Here are some of the major/main elements of a (compliant) food supplements’ label:
- Brand and commercial name of the product
- Ingredient list in descendant order of weight
- Warnings and precautions
- Intended dose
- Explicit mention of the nature of the product
- Expiry date
- Manufacturer name and address
- Health claims: for each ingredient, a claim has been approved (Regulation (EC) 1924/2006)
- Vitamin/mineral values
- QUID (Quantitative Ingredient Declaration) when a specific ingredient is included in the name of the product or stated as a claim
Additional elements, such as the notification number, may apply depending on the country.
Would you like to know more about labelling? Call us and we can provide you with further guidance!Get in touch