The Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive: EMC 2014/30/EU
The EMC Directive 2014/30/EU (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive) of the European Parliament and of the Council was published on March 29, 2014 in the Official Journal of the European Union, L 96/79, and replaced Directive 2004/108/EC on the 18th April 2014.
The EMC Directive 2014/30/EU regulates the electromagnetic compatibility of equipment – apparatus and fixed installations.
In order to achieve this objective, equipment need to comply with the essential requirements of the EMC Directive when it is placed on the market and/or put into service. The requirements limit electromagnetic emissions to a level that will not affect radio and telecommunications or other equipment and require products to have immunity to electromagnetic disturbances.
The EMC Directive does not regulate the safety of equipment in respect of people, domestic animals or property, therefore, it is not a safety related Directive.
Functional safety aspects based on electromagnetic disturbances are regulated for instance by the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU and the General Product Safety Directive 2001/95/EC.
- Chapter 1: General provision – Article 1-6
- Chapter 2: Obligation of economic operators – Article 1-12
- Chapter 3: Conformity of equipment – Article 13-19
- Chapter 4: Notification of conformity assessment bodies – Article 20- 36
- Chapter 5: Union market surveillance and control of apparatus entering the Union market ad Union safeguard procedure – Article 37-40
- Chapter 6: Committee, Transitional ad final provisions – Article 41- 47
- Annex I: Essential requirements
- Annex II: Module A: Internal production control
- Annex III: Part A – Module B: EU-type examination; Part B – Module C: conformity to type based on internal production control
- Annex IV: EU declaration of conformity
- Annex V: Time-limit for transposition into national law and date of application
- Annex VI: Correlation table
- Path to EU Market Entry
- Authorized Representative
- Post-Market Surveillance
- Risks of Non-Compliance
Need more information regarding the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive? Contact us now!Get in touch