Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive - Scope
The EMC Directive 2014/30/EU applies to a vast range of equipment encompassing electrical and electronic appliances, systems and installations. This Directive covers products which are new to the Union market when they are placed on the market, as well and it applies to all forms of supply, including distance selling, as well.
The Directive 2014/30/EU applies to:
- Electrical and electronic appliances, systems, and installations including electrical and electronic appliances;
- Fixed installations;
- Devices and sub assemblies intended to be included in an apparatus by the end user and mobile installations.
This directive shall not apply to:
- Equipment covered by the Radio and telecommunication terminal directive (R&TTE) and Radio Equipment Directive (RED);
- Radio equipment used by radio amateurs;
- Equipment where EMC is covered by other specific directives, such as marine equipment if covered by Directive 96/98/EC or active implantable medical devices under the 90/385/EEC Directive;
- Aeronautical products;
- Equipment incapable of generating or contributing to electromagnetic emissions and/or operates without unacceptable degradation in the presence of electromagnetic disturbance as normally seen in its intended use;
- Custom built evaluation kits destined for professionals to be used solely at research and development facilities for such purposes.
- The Directive: EMC 2014/30/EU
- Path to EU Market Entry
- Authorized Representative
- Post-Market Surveillance
- Risks of Non-Compliance
Need more information regarding the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive? Contact us now!Get in touch