Authorized Representative for Toy Safety Directive
At the discretion of the manufacturer, an Authorized Representative may be appointed by written mandate to undertake such activities as:
- Keeping the Declaration of Conformity and the technical documentation available to the Competent Authorities at all times and for 10 years after the Toy is placed on the market,
- Accommodate any reasoned requests from the Competent Authorities relating the documentation or conformity of the Toy.
- Cooperate with the Competent Authorities regarding and actions to be taken to eliminate and risks related to the Toy for which they are responsible under the mandate.
The Authorized Representative should be clearly identified on the packaging to ensure efficient communication from end-users and EU economic operators in regards to the product(s) compliance.
The authorized representative may not draw up technical documentation as referred to in Article 6(2).
For non-EU manufacturers: Appoint a European Authorized Representative established within the European Community.
- Toy Safety Scope
- Toy Safety Directive
- Toy Safety Compliance
- Toys and Children's Products
- Toy Safety Directive - Post-Market Surveillance
- Toy Safety Directive - Risks of non-compliance
Want to place your toys and children products on the EU market and know why you should appoint Obelis as your Authorized Representative? Contact us!Get in touch